We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us personal information, please contact us at [email protected]
II. What Personal Information Does Valor Collect?
The information we gather from customers enables us to personalize and improve our services and to allow our users to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through the Website. We collect the following types of information from our customers:
- Personal Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store any information you provide to us. The types of Personal Information collected may include your name, user name, email address, LinkedIn profile link, IP address, phone number, exercise responses and browser information. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features. We use the Personal Information you provide to enhance your Website experience. We offer the ability for users to log in using the third party credentials from Google’s email service, Gmail. This means you may have additional or different sign-on protections via that third party site or service.
- Personal Information Collected Automatically:
- Whenever you interact with our Website, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, “cookie” information, and the page you requested.
- “Cookies” are identifiers we transfer to your computer through your browser that allow us to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our site are visited and by how many people. You may be able to change the preferences on your browser to prevent or limit your computer’s acceptance of cookies, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of our Website’s best features.
- When we collect usage information (such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site), we only use this data in aggregate form, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. For example, this aggregate data tells us how often customers use parts of the Website, so that we can make the Website appealing to as many customers as possible. We may also provide this aggregate information to our partners, so that they can understand how often people use their services and our Website, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal online experience. We never disclose aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
- E-mail Communications:
We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. This confirmation helps us make emails more interesting and improve our service. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, please indicate your preference by clicking “unsubscribe from this list” at the footer of our email or by emailing [email protected]
III. Will VALOR Share Any of the Personal Information it Receives?
We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone, provided certain Personal Information may be transferred in connection with business transfers, as described below. We share your Personal Information in personally identifiable form only as described below.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: In certain situations, businesses we’re affiliated with may sell items or provide services to you through the Website (either alone or jointly with us). You can recognize when an affiliated business is associated with such a transaction, and we will share your Personal Information with that affiliated business only to the extent that it is related to such transaction.
- Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
- User Profiles: User Profile information, including your name, email address, and other information (“User Submissions”) may be displayed to other users if you chosen to enter such information on your User Profile, and only to the extent you’ve chosen to share it publicly with other users. For example, your email address will not be shared with another user unless you have “connected” with that user via a shared group membership or an invitation. Again, any content (including without limitation images, captions, and comments) you voluntarily disclose for other users to view on the Website is not Personal Information; it becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others, and may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels.
- Communication About the Website: As part of the Website and Services, you may receive communications from us, whether by email or other means. We and our agents may send you email, contact you, or engage you in other communication that we or they determine relate to your use of the Website.
- Promotional Offers: We may send offers to certain users on behalf of other businesses. However, when we do so, we do not give the other business your name and address. If you do not wish to receive these offers, please send us an email at [email protected]
- Business Transfers: We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Also, if we (or substantially all of our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, Personal Information would be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
- Protection of Valor and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with that law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Valor, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
IV. Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
Your User Profile is protected by a password for your privacy and security. If you access your account via a third party site or service, you may have additional or different sign-on protections via that third party site or service. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
We endeavor to the privacy of your User Profile and other Personal Information we hold in our records, but we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
V. What Personal Information Can I Access?
Through your User Profile, you may access and, in some cases, change certain information you’ve provided to us. The information you can view and update through your User Profile may change as the Website changes. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us at [email protected]
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to contact us to prevent disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes; in order to submit such a request, please contact us at [email protected] California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of Personal Information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to: [email protected]
VI. What Choices Do I Have?
- You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to take advantage of some of our special features.
- You may be able to add or update certain information as explained in Section V above. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- You may request deletion of your User Profile by sending an e-mail to [email protected] Users are unable to delete their accounts on their own and must send a request to this email address. Upon deletion, user data may remain in private database backups, but will no longer exist on the active site. Please note that some information may remain in our private records after deletion of your account for up to a year.
VIII. Rights of the Data Subject
Under the guidelines set forth by (EU) 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), clients at any time will be able to contact Valor to request either a) a complete copy of their personal data or b) the complete deletion of all personal data that has been collected. These requests can be completed by emailing [email protected]
Valor will also never retain personal information of its clients for longer than 18 months after the termination of service.
In most cases, the legal basis for processing personal data according to (EU) 2016/679 is in the service of fulfilling a contractual obligation with the our clients. In all other cases unless otherwise stated by (EU) 2016/679, Valor shall obtain affirmative consent to any processing of personal data.
IX. Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send us a detailed message to [email protected] We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Effective Date: June 14, 2018.